What are cookies?
Cookies are files that can be downloaded through webpages. They are tools which have an essential role for information services.
They allow for a webpage to store and retrieve information about an user or the equipment browsing habits. Depending on this information it can be used to identify the user or improve the service offered.
Type of cookies
Two types can be obtained depending on the entity which manages the domain where cookies are sent from and data treatment.
- Own cookies: Those which are sent to the user terminal equipment or domaine managed by the editor or from which the service required by the user is given.
- Third party cookies: those which are sent to the user terminal equipment from an equipment or domain which is not managed by the editor but by another entity which deals with the data obtaind from the cookies.
*Cookies cannot be considered ‘own cookies if they are installed from an equipment or domain managed by the own editor but the information which is collected is managed by a third party.
There is also a classification taking into account the time in which cookies are stored in the clients’ navigator. These can be:
Session cookies: designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store information that only interests to keep for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (e.g. a list of purchased products).
• Persistent cookies: the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, and which can range from a few minutes to several years.
Finally, there is another classification with five types of cookies according to the purpose for which the data obtained is processed:
Technical cookies: those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and the use of the different options or services that exist in it, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session , access restricted access parts, remember the elements that make up an order, carry out the purchase process of an order, make the request for registration or participation in an event, use security elements during navigation, store content for the dissemination of videos or sound or share content through social networks.
• Personalisation cookies: they allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as the language, the type of browser through which they access the service, the regional configuration from where you access the service, etc.
Analysis cookies: they allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyse the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used in the measurement of the activity of the websites, application or platform and for the elaboration of navigation profiles of the users of said sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements in function of the analysis of the use data made by the users of the service.
• Advertising cookies: they allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces.
• Behavioral advertising cookies: they store information on user behavior obtained through continuous observation of their browsing habits, allowing the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
Deactivation and elimination of cookies You have the option to allow, block or eliminate the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the options of the browser installed on your computer. By disabling cookies, some of the available services may cease to be operational. The way to disable cookies is different for each browser, but it can usually be done from the Tools or Options menu. You can also consult the browser’s Help menu where you can find instructions. The user can at any time choose which cookies they want to work on this website.
You can allow, block or delete the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the options of the browser installed on your computer:
• Microsoft Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
• Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/impedir-que-los-sitios-web-guarden-sus-preferencia
• Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=es
• Safari: http://safari.helpmax.net/es/privacidad-y-seguridad/como-gestionar-las-cookies/
• Opera: http://help.opera.com/Linux/10.60/es-ES/cookies.html
In addition, you can also manage the cookie store in your browser through tools such as the following
• Ghostery: www.ghostery.com/
• Your online choices: www.youronlinechoices.com/es/
Cookies used in www.soologic.com The cookies that are being used in this portal are identified below, as well as their type and function:
• Own cookies.
• Third party cookies.
• Session cookies.
• Persistent cookies.
• Technical cookies.
• Analysis cookies.
• Advertising cookies.
• Behavioral advertising cookies.
• Cookies from external social networks. Personalization cookies
• Accept cookies. This notice will not be displayed again when accessing any page of the portal during this session.
• To close. The notice is hidden on this page.
• Modify your settings. You can get more information about what cookies are, know the Cookies Policy Política www.soologic.es ’and modify your browser settings.